Friday 18 March 2016

Gamebook Friday: Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu

When I first teased Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu on social media, coming as it did on the heels of Alice's Nightmare in Wonderland, some people immediately assumed it was another gamebook.

I soon put them right, but the idea of using the concept as the theme for a new gamebook hasn't left me. In fact, it's wormed its way inside my brain, like some wormy thing. And so, just maybe, one day, Shakespeare Vs Cthulhu will become a gamebook as well as an anthology of short stories...

Of course it wouldn't be the first time that Shakespeare has influenced my gamebook writing. If you've read my Fighting Fantasy output, maybe you will have spotted the following connections already.


The Tempest ~ Bloodbones


1 comment:

Stuart Lloyd said...

And also I've noticed a few Shakesperian names around like the weather mage from Stormslayer called Prospero and a hunchback in Night of hte NEcromancer called Caliban,